- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small zucchini, cut in 1/4 inch slices and cut in half
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 8 oz high protein penne pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese
In a large sauté pan, on medium heat add olive oil, garlic and onion. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Add the eggplant, zucchini, Italian herbs, crushed red pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes and juice and cook for 20 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
While the sauce in cooking, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain pasta and place it in a serving bowl. Top with the sauce and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.