- 1 cup butternut squash, cut and cubed
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 5 ounces arugula salad greens
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1/3 dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 4 slices goat cheese, optional
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
In a small bowl, add butternut squash and water and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until squash is cooked. Be careful removing plastic wrap; the steam will be hot. Drain any water and set aside.
On two plates, evenly divide the arugula greens. Sprinkle each salad with 3/4 cup broccoli florets and 1/2 cup squash. Evenly divide walnuts, cranberries and onion on each salad. Place 2 slices of goat cheese on each salad, if desired.
In a small jar, add olive oil, vinegar and maple syrup. Shake vigorously. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Spoon dressing over salads and serve.