- 8 slices bacon
- 2-3 crowns broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/3 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ½ Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 ½ teaspoons sugar
- Salt and pepper
In a skillet over medium heat, fry bacon turning it occasionally. It should be crisp in about 8-10 minutes. Line a plate with paper towels and drain the bacon. Crumble into small pieces and set aside.
In a medium bowl, add broccoli, onion, sunflower seeds, cranberries and water chestnuts. Toss to combine and set aside.
In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add dressing to broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon and toss again. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.