- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, halved
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted - optional
In a large skillet over medium, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add onion and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add pepper, zucchini and sugar snap peas and cook for 3 minutes. Transfer vegetable mixture to bowl.
In same skillet, over medium, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add orzo and cooked until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth. Cover and cook for 7-9 minutes; stirring occasionally. Liquid will be absorbed and orzo should be tender. If more liquid is needed to finish cooking add water 2 tablespoons at a time.
Add the vegetables and stir to reheat. Season with salt and pepper. Place in serving bowl and garnish with pine nuts, if desired.