- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and cooked according to package directions
- 6 large green bell peppers
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Lightly oil a baking pan.
While the quinoa is cooking, cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise and seed them. Brush the bell pepper shells with 2 Tablespoons of the oil, inside and out. Place them cut side down on the prepared baking pan and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until softened and slightly browned. When the bell peppers are roasted, reduce the oven temperature to 350 F. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a skillet, warm the remaining tablespoon of oil and sauté the onions and garlic on medium for about 5 minutes, until the onions have softened. Stir in carrots, cover the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are very tender.
Combine the sautéed vegetables, parsley and the cooked quinoa and add salt to taste. Turn over the roasted pepper shells and spoon filling into each half. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.